How do I completely wipe my Mac to factory settings?
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Settings. Click General in the sidebar. Click Transfer or Reset on the right. Click Erase All Content and Settings.
In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Settings, then click Websites. On the left, click the setting you want to customize—for example, Camera. Do any of the following: Choose settings for a website in the list: Select the website on the right, then choose the option you want for it.
Changing the Default Mail Client to Another App in Mac OS X
Go to the “General” tab. Look for “Default email reader” and click on the menu to pull down other mail app options – if the mail app you want to use is not shown in this list choose “Select” to browse the /Applications/ folder and select one manually.
Launch System Preferences from your Mac's Dock, from the Applications folder, or from the Apple menu bar ( -> System Preferences...). Select General, the first icon in the preference panel. Click the dropdown menu next to "Default web browser" and select your choice from the list of installed browsers.
A factory reset will wipe your Mac computer, restoring its software to the state it was in when you first turned it on. That means that all your personal files and data will disappear.
If you want to factory reset your Mac without passwords, you need to enter the Recovery Mode first and then use the Disk Utility or Reinstall macOS option to erase data on your Mac.
You can open the Settings page by clicking on the icon with three stacked horizontal lines to the left of the address bar; this will open up a dropdown menu, and Settings will be located to the bottom of the screen.
Change your Search browser settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to google.com.
- At the top left, tap Menu. Settings.
- Choose your search settings.
- At the bottom, click Save.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings. On Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Click Reset settings Restore settings to their original defaults. Reset settings. On Windows: Click Reset and cleanup Reset settings to their original defaults. Reset settings.
Go to Settings and scroll down until you find the browser app or the email app. Tap the app, then tap Default Browser App or Default Mail App. Select a web browser or email app to set it as the default. A checkmark appears to confirm it's the default.
How do I disable Mac Mail?
- In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Accounts.
- Select the account you want to stop using, then deselect the Mail checkbox.
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap the Search tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Type Mail or Mail app in the search field.
- Tap Search.
- Locate the Mail icon in the list of options and tap the cloud icon to download the app.
Safari is the default browser when you first set up your Mac. If you accidentally change your default browser or just want to change it back to Safari, you can easily adjust your default.
- On your Android device, open Settings .
- Tap Apps.
- Under "General," tap Default apps.
- Tap Browser app Chrome .
Quickly switch between app windows
On your Mac, do any of the following: Switch to the previous app: Press Command-Tab. Scroll through all open apps: Press and hold the Command key, press the Tab key, then press the Left or Right arrow key until you get to the app you want. Release the Command key.
Before you spend big on a new Mac, though, try a factory reset, which wipes your computer and reinstalls a clean version of macOS. A factory reset is also the best way to prepare your old computer for a new owner to make sure no leftover data falls into the wrong hands.
If you have a Time Machine or iCloud backup, it's possible to recover your Mac data after a factory reset. However, if you don't have a backup, you can use a recovery tool such as Tenorshare 4DDiG for Mac.
Rather than deleting data, deactivation suspends access to the Apple ID account completely, including all data associated with it.
Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity. Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode. Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.
Yes, you can log in without a password if you have Automatic Login enabled on your Mac: go to System Preferences > Users & Groups. Click the Lock to make changes and go to Login Options. Click 'Automatic Login' and choose the account you want to log into without a password.
How do I unlock my Mac if I forgot my password?
- If you see the option to restart and show password reset options, click it to restart your Mac. ...
- Select a user that you want to reset the password for, then click Next.
- Enter your new password information, then click Next.
- When the password reset is completed, click Restart.
Whenever you want to open Chrome, just double-click the icon.
What is my browser? Your browser is a software application that lets you visit web pages on the Internet. Popular browsers include Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Currently, Google Chrome is the most widely used browser in the world, and is also considered one of the fastest and most secure.
- From the Chrome app, tap the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the setting you want.
The address bar is where you enter a website's URL (Uniform Resource Locator) or address. It is located usually at the very top of a browser window. In the example below, we show you the address bar in the Internet Explorer browser. Address bars appear slightly different between browsers but they all do the same thing.
- Close all browser screens (or re-start your computer), and then re-open only Navigator Web;
- Disable or remove un-necessary browser Add-ons or Toolbars (in IE or Firefox), or malware installed settings;
- Set your browser to "Use Software rendering..." for Accelerated Graphics;
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More.
- Tap History > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Use Shift-Ctrl-T on a PC or Shift-Command-T on a Mac to restore tabs. You can also use History to restore complete Chrome windows, including all groups and tabs.
- Delete all Gmail labels.
- Delete all Gmail filters.
- Delete all Draft messages.
- Delete all email messages in Gmail.
- Delete all spam messages.
- Permanently empty your Gmail trash folder.
- Remove Out-of-Office message.
- Disables POP and IMAP.
When you set up your iPhone or iPad, iOS will set up your email account in the built-in Mail. app by default. Even if you've downloaded an alternative mail app on your device, iOS still defaults to using the Apple Mail. app.
How do I find my default email app?
Change Windows 10 Default Email App
To set your favorite email client as the system-wide default, head to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. Then in the right panel under the Email section, you will see it is set to the Mail app. Just click on it and choose the email app you want to use as the default from the list.
Mac.com is a popular email service commonly used for personal account creation. Recent quality reports have classified mac.com with a low risk profile as most accounts originating from this domain are valid and safe.
- eM Client for Mac.
- Airmail 3.
Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold any app until the apps jiggle. Click the Delete button next to the app that you want to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately.
- Go to Google's Find My Email page.
- Enter your recovery email or phone number.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Send verification code.
- Enter the verification code.
- Choose an account.
- Enter your password.
- Go to Google's Account Recovery page.
- Tap. in the upper-left corner, then tap an account's Trash mailbox.
- Tap the email you want to recover, then tap .
- Tap Move Message, then choose another mailbox.
In fact, Safari beats Chrome on the Mac because it's more energy-efficient, better at protecting your privacy, and it seamlessly works with the Apple ecosystem. Here are all the reasons why you should avoid using Google Chrome on your Mac.
If you choose to use Safari, you're in safe hands as long as you're using an Apple device. But Safari only works on Apple devices, whereas Firefox works on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux.
One thing worth noting is that Safari is a more lightweight browser than Chrome. While it might not be as quick, Safari is more economical for iOS and Mac performance than Chrome in terms of battery life, especially with multiple tabs open.
Default browser refers to the browser that is associated with Web documents or Web links. It is also the browser that comes pre-installed with the operating system, e.g., Internet Explorer for Windows, Safari for Apple's Mac OS or iOS.
What is the default browser on this device?
Pretty much all Android phones have Google Chrome pre-installed so you don't even have to worry about installing new apps to use it. Here's what to do. Most Android phones have Chrome set as their default browser as standard.
To download a different web browser, you need to go to the browser manufactorer's website or use your Phone/Tablet's "App Store" and get the latest version of it. NEVER download a web browser from anywhere other than the official website or store - you risk getting viruses, malware or spyware otherwise.
Show or move all open windows
Show all open windows for the current app: Press Control-Down Arrow. If App Exposé is enabled in Trackpad settings, you can also swipe down with three or four fingers. To return to the desktop, press the keys again or swipe up.
- Hidden Icons. Click the up arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will reveal your hidden icons.
- Boot Camp. Click on the Boot Camp icon. NOTE: It will be in the shape of a black diamond.
- Restart in macOS. Click Restart in OS X...
- Success! You have successfully switched from Windows to Mac.
Shift + Control + Tab
With these two commands, you can cycle back and forth through every tab in the browser window very quickly. On keyboards that have PgUp/PgDn keys, you can use Control + PgUp/PgDn to switch tabs as well if you feel more comfortable doing it this way.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose Safari from the root list.
- Choose between tabs on top or bottom underneath the Tabs heading:
- On your iPad, tap Safari.
- Tap the tabs button in the top right hand corner of the screen. ...
- Tap Private.
- Tap Tabs at the top of the Tabs Group list to switch back to non-private browsing.
On the Home Screen, swipe left until you see the App Library. Enter “Safari” in the search field.
But when Safari or other apps on your iPhone stop working, that usually means a software issue is at play. By updating iOS, changing your settings, or resetting your device, you can usually fix these issues.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap Switch tabs. . On the right, you'll see your open incognito tabs.
- At the top right of your incognito tabs, tap Close .
How do I get out of Google and back to Safari?
Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Search. Click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Ecosia.